PCB Library Expert Pro - for Altium Designer
CAD library solutions developed by PCB Libraries is used by over one hundred thousand PCB designers and engineers world-wide. The latest and greatest "PCB Library Expert" is designed to eliminate a vast amount duplication of effort wasted by - footprints and 3D models. We are a veteran-owned, privately-held small business - a culmination of decades of work, first started in 2003 with the bold vision of developing a “One World Standard PCB Library”.
Our goal is to offer the highest quality and most affordable PCB design solutions available, at the lowest cost possible. You get free auto-updates, free technical support, free training via videos, free discussion forum, and last but not least, NO yearly maintenance payment! We hope you will join us and be with us from the 'new beginning' as we start afresh on this venture.
PCB Libraries has bigger and better ideas, energized and motivated more than ever! We have started to roll out an unparalleled product, and soon a service that we hope will revolutionize the electronics manufacturing industry.
Welcome to the next generation of PCB library development. The Library Expert is the IPC-approved footprint automation solution, which is also flexible enough for the most advanced user-defined modifications to effortlessly create footprints from component data. It outputs individual parts or entire libraries to all major CAD formats (each available separately). Here is what you get with the CAD output for Altium license:
- Output to format readable by Altium: (direct Altium export, also PADS ASCII / .p and .d files)
- Supports Altium Designer 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 10, Summer 09, DXP 2004, DXP 2002
- Our advanced CAD LEAP Technology (Libraries Enhanced with Automated Preferences)
- Parts on Demand complimentary access (over 1 million parts)*
- Set of unique component packages that may be used with well over 300,000 parts!
- Complimentary access to our BOM Builder Service
- New part requests, regardless complexity, as little as $5 each**
- 12 Months of updates included!
- Ability to create footprints with arbitrary pad shapes and positions
- Low cost & FASTEST return on investment
- High priority phone, email, or shared desktop support
- Perpetual license does not expire; no maintenance
- 1 Year maintenance renewal is 24% the list cost of license(s)
- FREE training webinars as needed, one-on-one or group
- Add and modify library documentation
- User definable preferences or define and customize default rule
- Save component dimensions to a library file
- Search, edit, save functions for effective part library management
- Flexibility to add, delete, or modify data fields - for example:
- Corporate Part Number
- Schematic Symbol Name
- Created By / Date
- Purchased From
- Bulk / Piece Price
- DigiKey Part Number
- Project Name
- etc... (no limit!)
PLUS all the features of the FREE Library Expert "Lite" edition, which include:
- Pin rename & renumber
- Calculate high resolution footprints directly from component dimensions
- IPC-7351 compliant
- Enter component dimensions using Nominal plus tolerance or Min/Max dimensions
- Automate creation of component manufacturer recommended footprints
- One-click rotate/mirror footprint, very useful for rapid LGA/BGA design
- One-click pad shapes supported: Rectangle, Oblong, D-Shape, and Rounded Rectangle
- Dynamic support for Imperial and metric - easily convert between mil and metric units
- Convert units calculator
- Apply rules to component families and component terminal lead types
- User friendly GUI easy to learn
- Padstack editor
- Email & forum support
If you consider tolerance settings, units, line-widths, pad shapes, rotations, and the dozens of other settings (all configurable with the PCB Library Expert), you can create over 1,800 variations of ONE SINGLE library! We empower you to quickly build high-quality standard libraries to meet your specific needs.
These approaches allow you to create editable associative models easily.
5-Tier Density Variations Supported
- IPC A: Maximum (Most) Land Protrusion – For low-density product applications, the 'maximum' land pattern condition has been developed to accommodate wave or flow solder of leadless chip devices and leaded gull wing devices. The geometry furnished for these devices, as well as inward and "J" - formed lead contact device families, may provide a wider process window for reflow solder processes as well.
- IPC B: Median (Nominal) Land Protrusion – Products with a moderate level of component density may consider adapting the 'median' land pattern geometry. The median land patterns furnished for all device families will provide a robust solder attachment condition for reflow solder processes and should provide a condition suitable for wave or reflow soldering of leadless chip and leaded Gull Wing type devices.
- PC C: Minimum (Least) Land Protrusion – High component density typical of portable and hand-held product applications may consider the 'minimum' land pattern geometry variation. Selection of the minimum land pattern geometry may not be suitable for all product use categories. The use of classes of performance 1, 2, and 3 is combined with that of component density levels A, B, and C in explaining the condition of an electronic assembly. As an example, combining the description as Levels 1A or 3B or 2C, would indicate the different combinations of performance and component density to aid in understanding the environment and the manufacturing requirements of a particular assembly.
- User-defined preferences. Companies can establish a standard set of preferences to apply to all users of the PCB Library Expert! Settings include:
- Units (Mils, Micrometers, Inches and Millimeters)
- Pad Shape (Rectangle, Oblong, D-Shape or Rounded Rectangle)
- Rotation (Pin 1 Up, Left, Right or Down)
- Origin (Centric or Pin 1)
- Environment Level (Least, Nominal or Most)
- Silkscreen Line Width and Pad to Silkscreen Gap
- Minimum Pad to Pad Gap or Pad to Thermal Pad Gap
- Paste Mask Reduction for Thermal Pads
- Solder Mask Swell or Solder Mask Defined Pads
- Map Silkscreen and Assembly to Nominal body or Maximum Body
- Component manufacturer-recommended footprint.
The Library Expert is synchronized to the latest requirements/guidance of the IPC-7351 and you get the ability to migrate your entire library to future revisions or your own custom-defined requirements as well! Why is this important? Because it ensures that everybody - regardless of experience or language - can build high-quality parts in the same standard, professional way!
Get the PDF or printed copy of the IPC standard! If you want to reference the IPC-7351B standard to see how the three tiers are calculated, it is available from IPC in printed and electronic (PDF) format.
Single User License
This perpetual license entitles you to install and run the software on one local computer. This solution is ideal for the PCB design contractor or companies with one PCB designer. The Single User is licensed on USB key, and can be easily moved to any computer as needed. Contracting and/or always changing computers? No problem, we make it a snap!!
The Network License is perpetual and available for all the users you need! It is ideal where library standardization is desired, regardless the CAD formats used. Professionals or novices can now easily create libraries according to company specification and customer requirements. The Network License is based on a network-enabled USB key that may be placed on a server or even a regular/user's computer. Once configured, when a user on the network opens the Library Expert, a license is automatically checked out from the key. When the Library Expert is closed, the license is made available for others to check out
Single-SL and Network-SL Licenses
The HASP "SL" Licenses (Single and Network) are not perpetual and expire 12 months after purchase, at which time they cease to function unless they either get Refreshed or Replaced.
- Refresh - renewing same License ID (on same machine, or server if a network license)
- Replace - issue a new License ID for a new PC or server
There will be no cost to REFRESH nor REPLACE either SL license if in conjunction with an upgrade purchase. If no upgrade is purchased and the license needs to be refreshed for a Library Expert version older than what is currently available at that time (for example refreshing a 2017 license for another 12 months in 2018 without upgrading to version 2018), the 12-month REFRESH will be subject to a non-refundable processing fee of $100. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE that older versions of the Library Expert will function as intended - or at all - with newer operating systems, patches, .NET Framework updates, etc.
If the license needs to be installed on a new computer or a new activation is required for whatever reason, a REPLACEMENT license will be required, and will be subject to a non-refundable processing fee of $125; customer and PCBL may need to take steps to terminate all previously issued license(s)/activation(s) that are being replaced. A limit of 3 license replacements are allowed for each VERSION of the Library Expert for which a license is purchased, after which the licenses must be repurchased.
User Accounts are needed to login and download the latest release of the Library Expert, as well as access POD. User Accounts are limited to one (1) per Single User License, and three (3) for Network Licenses. Library Expert Professional user accounts associated with currently released version have free access (25 parts/day) to the POD database.
Before you purchase anything, you can evaluate the software to see how it works for you. It only takes minutes to evaluate! Contact Us if you have any questions or prefer a walk-through!
Microsoft Windows based computer, running Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista*, the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (downloadable from Microsoft), 40MB of hard drive space, a USB port, and display resolution of 1024 x 768.