KOMPAS-3D creates associative three-dimensional models of individual parts and assemblies. The models can be made from original designs and/or standard part libraries. Its parametric technology allows you to quickly generate ranges of product models based on single prototypes. Numerous utility functions help you solve auxiliary design and production problems.
Fire-fighter truck, designed in KOMPAS-3D by Pozharnye Sistemy
A key feature of KOMPAS-3D is that it uses its own modeling kernel and parametric system, both of which were developed by the specialists at ASCON.
The fundamental purpose of KOMPAS-3D is to model new products quickly, to reduce their design time and to launch them into production as fast as possible. These goals are reached by the following features found in KOMPAS-3D:
- Quickly creates engineering and design documentation for production output, including assembly drawings, BOMs, and detail drawings.
- Cleanly translates geometry to design applications.
- Accurately exports model geometry to control-programs, such as for NC equipment.
- Efficiently generates images and illustrations for product catalogs and operating manuals.
KOMPAS-3D supports IGES, SAT, XT, STEP, and VRML formats, among many others, allowing you to import and export models to and from a variety of other CAD, CAM, and CAE systems.
Export Import Options
KOMPAS Сollaboration with third-party Software Solutions
Special attention is paid for providing comfortable and fast data exchange with third-party CAD systems, used by a customer. KOMPAS-3D contains different converters for data exchange with third-party CAD systems, engineering calculations and analysis, part-program creation etc. Users of KOMPAS-3D get most of data translation functions for free. These functions include:
- reading and writing of graphics files in formats DXF, DWG, IGES®;
- reading 3D-model files from IGES®, SAT, XT, STEP formats;
- writing 3D-model files to IGES®, SAT, XT, STEP, VRML and STL formats;
- writing BOM to DBF and Microsoft Excel formats;
- writing KOMPAS documents to different bitmapped formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TGA);
- reading and writing ASCII (DOS), ANSI (Windows) text file formats; reading RTF files;
- writing 3D-models, drawings and BOM to e-Drawings.
Providing customer with the right advice and therefor enhanced in productivity, is our priority! If there is any enquiries or support request, please contact us!