KOMPAS-3D, as a universal system of three-dimensional modeling, finds its application in solving various problems, including architectural and technological design. General purpose system KOMPAS-3D - the creation of three-dimensional associatuve models for individual elements and prefabricated ones.
Fire-fighter truck, designed in KOMPAS-3D by Pozharnye Sistemy
A key feature of KOMPAS-3D is that it uses its own modeling kernel and parametric system, both of which were developed by the specialists at ASCON.
The fundamental purpose of KOMPAS-3D is to model new products quickly, to reduce their design time and to launch them into production as fast as possible. These goals are reached by the following features found in KOMPAS-3D:
- Quickly creates engineering and design documentation for production output, including assembly drawings, BOMs, and detail drawings.
- Cleanly translates geometry to design applications.
- Accurately exports model geometry to control-programs, such as for NC equipment.
- Efficiently generates images and illustrations for product catalogs and operating manuals.
KOMPAS-3D supports IGES, SAT, XT, STEP, and VRML formats, among many others, allowing you to import and export models to and from a variety of other CAD, CAM, and CAE systems.
Export Import Options
KOMPAS Сollaboration with third-party Software Solutions
Special attention is paid for providing comfortable and fast data exchange with third-party CAD systems, used by a customer. KOMPAS-3D contains different converters for data exchange with third-party CAD systems, engineering calculations and analysis, part-program creation etc. Users of KOMPAS-3D get most of data translation functions for free. These functions include:
- reading and writing of graphics files in formats DXF, DWG, IGES®;
- reading 3D-model files from IGES®, SAT, XT, STEP formats;
- writing 3D-model files to IGES®, SAT, XT, STEP, VRML and STL formats;
- writing BOM to DBF and Microsoft Excel formats;
- writing KOMPAS documents to different bitmapped formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TGA);
- reading and writing ASCII (DOS), ANSI (Windows) text file formats; reading RTF files;
- writing 3D-models, drawings and BOM to e-Drawings.
Providing customer with the right advice and therefor enhanced in productivity, is our priority! If there is any enquiries or support request, please contact us!