Real-time EMC and EMI diagnostic tool now available with built-in spectrum analyzer
There is no need for an external spectrum analyzer to run EHX+. World’s fastest EMC and EMI diagnostic tool is now a plug-and-play test system. EHX+ is equipped with a spectrum analyzer which has a 100 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) and 75 GSPS scan rate. This analyzer has an industry leading combination of wide instantaneous bandwidth, sensitivity, tuning range, deep fast real-time caching and sophisticated capture control.
With the scan range of 150 kHz - 8 GHz, EHX+ addresses EMC and signal integrity concerns in the design of ultra-high speed (>2 GHz) PCBs. EHX+ provides unique pre- and post-EMC compliance testing that displays emissions in real-time. EHX+ allows engineers to visualize the root causes of potential EMC and EMI problems. During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterize, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing. EHX+ allows board designers to pre-test and resolve EMC and EMI problems early on, thus avoiding unexpected EMC compliance test results. EHX+ delivers repeatable and reliable results that pinpoint in less than a second the cause of a design failure. As a result, the user can personally test the design without having to rely on another department, test engineer, or time-consuming off-site testing. After diagnosing even an intermittent problem, the engineer can implement a design change and retest. The results provide concrete verification of the effectiveness (or not) of the design change.
EHX+ diagnostic capabilities allow design teams to reduce testing time by more than two orders of magnitude. Users have also documented fifty percent reductions in design cycle times. This allows the design team to immediately analyze and compare design iterations. Ideal PCB projects for EHX+ are boards designed for high speed, high power, and/or high density/complexity. Any PCB that places a premium on board real-estate also qualifies as an excellent candidate. EHX+ provides PCB design teams with an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and proven tabletop solution. Emission, immunity, filtering, EMI shielding, broadband noise and Common Mode testing are some of the applications that the EHX+ system addresses in mere seconds.
Key Features & Functions
- 150 kHz - 8 GHz
- 1,218 H-field probes
- Spatial resolution: 7.5 mm
- Scan area: L 31.6 cm x W 21.8 cm (L 12.44” x W 8.58”)
- Plug n play: built-in high speed spectrum analyzer (40 MHz instantenous bandwidth (IBW) & 75 GSPS scan rate
- Visualize hotspots, current loops on intermittent problems in real-time
- Get repeatable & reliable results that pinpoint the cause of a design failure
- Address EMC & signal integrity concerns in the design of ultra-high speed (>2 GHz) PCBs
- EHX+ (integrated high resolution scanner with embedded spectrum analyzer, processing electronics and cables)
- Universal power supply & cable
- Surface wave absorber
- Ethernet cable
- USB drive with EMxpert SW
How To Acquire:
Datasheet & Key Documents
Software Release Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I correlate the scan results to PCB design?
- Does the system require annual calibration?
- What is the frequency and amplitude accuracy of the EMxpert measurements?
- What are the Minimum System Requirements?
- What is the maximum power level that EMSCAN’s patented scanner can receive without being damaged?
- How sensitive is EMSCAN’s patented scanner?
- How can I find the frequency of an intermittent or random signal?
- I am doing Before and After testing. What feature should I use?
- Can I predict the Open Area Test Site (OATS) or Semi Anechoic Chamber (SAC) radiated EMI levels of a printed circuit board (PCB)?
- I want to do a Pass or Fail test. What feature should I use?
- How long does a typical Spectral Scan take?
- How long does a typical Spatial Scan take?
- I am designing multiple layer boards. How can EMxpert help to diagnose EM problems?
If you can't find answers to your questions, contact us