Real-time EMC and EMI diagnostic tool: Test ultra-high speed (>2GHz) PCBs in real-time on your lab-bench
EMC and signal integrity are major concerns in the design of ultra-high speed (>2GHz) PCBs. EHX enables the design engineers to diagnose EMC/EMI problems between 150kHz and 8GHz. The EHX provides unique pre- and post-EMC compliance testing that images realtime emissions. EHX allows engineers to visualize the root causes of potential EMC and EMI problems. During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterize, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing. EHX allows board designers to pre-test and resolve EMC and EMI problems early on, thus avoiding unexpected EMC compliance test results. EHX delivers repeatable and reliable results that pinpoint in less than a second the cause of a design failure. As a result, the user can personally test the design without having to rely on another department, test engineer, or time-consuming off-site testing. After diagnosing even an intermittent problem, the engineer can implement a design change and retest. The results provide concrete verification of the effectiveness (or not) of the design change
EHX consists of a patented scanner and compact adaptor, and of a customer-supplied spectrum analyzer and PC running EHX software. EHX diagnostic capabilities allow design teams to reduce testing time by more than two orders of magnitude. Users have also documented fifty percent reductions in design cycle times. This allows the design team to immediately analyze and compare design iterations. Ideal PCB projects for EHX are boards designed for high speed, high power, and/or high density/complexity. Any PCB that places a premium on board real-estate also qualifies as an excellent candidate. The compact, flat scanner provides PCB design teams with an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and proven tabletop solution. Emission, immunity, filtering, EMI shielding, broadband noise and Common Mode testing are some of the applications that the EHX system addresses in mere seconds.
Key Features & Functions
- 150 kHz - 8 GHz
- 1,218 H-field probes
- User-selected spatial resolution: 0.06 mm - 7.5 mm
- Scan area: L 31.6 cm x W 21.8 cm (L 12.44” x W 8.58”)
- Plug n play: built-in high speed spectrum analyzer (40 MHz instantenous bandwidth (IBW) & 75 GSPS scan rate
- Visualize hotspots, current loops or intermittent problems in real-time
- Zoom into the problem area after locating the unintended radiators in seconds
- Get repeatable & reliable results that pinpoint the cause of a design failure
- Address EMC & signal integrity concerns in the design of ultra-high speed (>2 GHz) PCBs
- ERX+ (integrated high resolution scanner with embedded spectrum analyzer, processing electronics and cables)
- Universal power supply & cable
- Surface wave absorber
- Ethernet cable
- USB drive with EMxpert SW
How To Acquire:
Datasheet & Key Documents
Software Release Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I correlate the scan results to PCB design?
- Does the system require annual calibration?
- What is the frequency and amplitude accuracy of the EMxpert measurements?
- What are the Minimum System Requirements?
- What is the maximum power level that EMSCAN’s patented scanner can receive without being damaged?
- How sensitive is EMSCAN’s patented scanner?
- How can I find the frequency of an intermittent or random signal?
- I am doing Before and After testing. What feature should I use?
- Can I predict the Open Area Test Site (OATS) or Semi Anechoic Chamber (SAC) radiated EMI levels of a printed circuit board (PCB)?
- I want to do a Pass or Fail test. What feature should I use?
- How long does a typical Spectral Scan take?
- How long does a typical Spatial Scan take?
- I am designing multiple layer boards. How can EMxpert help to diagnose EM problems?
If you can't find answers to your questions, contact us