High resolution EMC and EMI testing has never been this fast! (min. resolution ≈ 120 microns)
been reinvented to assist high density board designers to visualize the root causes of potential EMC and EMI problems during pre- and post- EMC compliance testing. ERX+ enables the PCB and design engineers to diagnose EMC/EMI problems between 150 kHz and 8 GHz. ERX+ provides 7 levels of resolution (120 microns - 7.5 mm). Level 1 resolution (7.5mm) allows the engineers to visualize the hot spots, current loops or intermittent problems in real-time. After locating the unintended radiators, engineers can zoom into the problem by selecting the resolution level based on the density of the board design. There is no need for an external spectrum analyzer to run ERX+. Built-in spectrum analyzer turns ERX+ into a plug-and-play test system. ERX+ provides unique pre- and post-EMC compliance testing that images emissions.
During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterize, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing. ERX+ allows board designers to pre-test and resolve EMC and EMI problems early on, thus avoiding unexpected EMC compliance test results. ERX+ quickly delivers repeatable and reliable results that pinpoint the cause of a design failure. As a result, the user can personally test the design without having to rely on another department, test engineer, or time-consuming off-site testing. After diagnosing even an intermittent problem, the engineer can implement a design change and retest. The results provide concrete verification of the effectiveness (or not) of the design change.
Key Features & Functions
- 150 kHz - 8 GHz
- 1,218 H-field probes
- User-selected spatial resolution: 0.06 mm - 7.5 mm
- Scan area: L 31.6 cm x W 21.8 cm (L 12.44” x W 8.58”)
- Plug n play: built-in high speed spectrum analyzer (40 MHz instantenous bandwidth (IBW) & 75 GSPS scan rate
- Visualize hotspots, current loops or intermittent problems in real-time
- Zoom into the problem area after locating the unintended radiators in seconds
- Get repeatable & reliable results that pinpoint the cause of a design failure
- Address EMC & signal integrity concerns in the design of ultra-high speed (>2 GHz) PCBs
- ERX+ (integrated high resolution scanner with embedded spectrum analyzer, processing electronics and cables)
- Universal power supply & cable
- Surface wave absorber
- Ethernet cable
- USB drive with EMxpert SW
How To Acquire:
Datasheet & Key Documents
Software Release Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I correlate the scan results to PCB design?
- Does the system require annual calibration?
- What is the frequency and amplitude accuracy of the EMxpert measurements?
- What are the Minimum System Requirements?
- What is the maximum power level that EMSCAN’s patented scanner can receive without being damaged?
- How sensitive is EMSCAN’s patented scanner?
- How can I find the frequency of an intermittent or random signal?
- I am doing Before and After testing. What feature should I use?
- Can I predict the Open Area Test Site (OATS) or Semi Anechoic Chamber (SAC) radiated EMI levels of a printed circuit board (PCB)?
- I want to do a Pass or Fail test. What feature should I use?
- How long does a typical Spectral Scan take?
- How long does a typical Spatial Scan take?
- I am designing multiple layer boards. How can EMxpert help to diagnose EM problems?
If you can't find answers to your questions, contact us